Summer Research Exchange Program (PCL397Y0Y)
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 or with permission from the Department
- Students are recommended to have completed the following courses with a min. grade of 70%: PCL201H1, PCL302H1, PSL300H1, PSL301H1
- Priority will be given to students in a Major or Specialist program sponsored by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
WHERE CAN I GO?
- City University of Hong Kong
- National University of Singapore
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Karolinska Institute (Sweden)
- Masaryk University (Czech Republic)
- University of Konstanz (Germany)
- University of Lund (Sweden)
WHAT CAN I DO?
Past Project Topics
- Methylation analysis of genes implicated in adipocyte differentiation, function and obesity in rats exposed to BPA in utero.
- Alcohol intake in a MAM model of schizophrenia.
- Cigarette Smoking and Age-related Macular Degeneration.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Apply online through the Learning Abroad website by December 3, 2019.
COSTS AND FUNDING
DEADLINES AND TENTATIVE TIMELINES
|October 30||PCL Information Session, 11-1PM, @ MSB4227|
|December 3||CIE SREP online application due|
CIE will notify students about nominations, placements, funding amounts, and instructions on next steps. Students apply to host universities
|March-May||Depending on partner deadlines and timelines, you will receive a formal admission letter|
“I… am so glad I got out of classroom and [had] actual hands-on laboratory research experience.... This priceless experience made me figure out the future directions that I want to pursue in!”
Hui Yan Y., 2015, Hong Kong
“There is a lot of time to explore Singapore and nearby countries, and you have opportunities to make new friends and connections.”
Michael L., 2015, Singapore
Read more student stories on the Learning Abroad website