Here are some of the many accomplishments achieved by our faculty and students.
Dr. Walter Roschlau Memorial Award in Pharmacology - This award recognizes Dr. Walter Roschlau's dedication to teaching by honouring students with the best academic records in the graduating class of the Arts & Science programs in Pharmacology & Toxicology.
W. Mac Burnham Achievement Award - This award recognizes the highest academic achievement in our courses by a student graduating from one of our Major programs.
Dezso Kadar Student Achievement Award - Presented by the Division of Teaching Laboratories to the top student within the Undergraduate Laboratory course.
Graduate and Life Sciences Education Undergraduate Student Leadership Award - These awards recognize undergraduate students in the Faculty of Medicine, Arts and Science Programs for their leadership and scholarship.
Dr. Malle Jurima-Romet Award - This award offsets costs associated with extracurricular pursuits in the arts by a graduate student in our Department.
Harold Kalant Award - This award is given for an outstanding scientific publication of original research by a graduate student in the department.
Amar K. Sen Memorial Award - This award is presented to a recently graduated Ph.D. student for outstanding scientific contributions made during the course of the Doctoral program in Pharmacology.
Fiona Smillie Memorial Award (formerly the Departmental Service Award) - This award is presented to a graduate student who has significantly contributed to the Department by advancing the interests of graduate students and/or improving the experience of graduate studies for students in the department.
Visions in Pharmacology Travel Award - This award is presented to the graduate student with the most outstanding poster presentation at the annual Visions in Pharmacology (VIP) Research Day
Faculty and Staff
- Dr. Susan George Bahl - named Member of The Order of Canada
- Dr. Benjamin Goldstein - Appointed RBC Investments Chair in Children’s Mental Health and Development Psychopathology
- Elaine Jack - recipient of the David Keeling Award for Administrative Excellence
- Dr. Krista Lanctôt - recipient of the 2020 Irma M. Parhad Award for Excellence from the Consortium of Canadian Centres for Clinical Cognitive Research
- Dr. Rebecca Laposa - Ontario First seed capital awards recipient
- Dr. K. Sandy Pang - recipient of the 2020 International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics North American Scientific Achievement Award in Honor of Ron Estabrook
- Dr. Rachel Tyndale - elected fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Drs. George and O'Dowd - Prix Galien 2019 Award
- Dr. Ana Cristina Andreazza - Connaught Global Challenge Award
- Dr. Rebecca Laposa - Excellence in Linking Undergraduate Teaching to Research in Life Sciences
- Dr. Walter Swardfager - Early Career Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentorship