Here are some of the many accomplishments achieved by our faculty and students.
Dr. Walter Roschlau Memorial Award in Pharmacology - This award recognizes Dr. Walter Roschlau's dedication to teaching by honouring students with the best academic records in the graduating class of the Arts & Science programs in Pharmacology & Toxicology.
W. Mac Burnham Achievement Award - This award recognizes the highest academic achievement in our courses by a student graduating from one of our Major programs.
Dezso Kadar Student Achievement Award - Presented by the Division of Teaching Laboratories to the top student within the Undergraduate Laboratory course.
Graduate and Life Sciences Education Undergraduate Student Leadership Award - These awards recognize undergraduate students in the Faculty of Medicine, Arts and Science Programs for their leadership and scholarship.
Dr. Malle Jurima-Romet Award - This award offsets costs associated with extracurricular pursuits in the arts by a graduate student in our Department.
Harold Kalant Award - This award is given for an outstanding scientific publication of original research by a graduate student in the department.
Amar K. Sen Memorial Award - This award is presented to a recently graduated Ph.D. student for outstanding scientific contributions made during the course of the Doctoral program in Pharmacology.
Fiona Smillie Memorial Award (formerly the Departmental Service Award) - This award is presented to a graduate student who has significantly contributed to the Department by advancing the interests of graduate students and/or improving the experience of graduate studies for students in the department.
Visions in Pharmacology Travel Award - This award is presented to the graduate student with the most outstanding poster presentation at the annual Visions in Pharmacology (VIP) Research Day
Excellence Through Equity Graduate Scholarships - This award aims to recognize academic excellence and potential for contribution to research excellence and to break down some of the barriers to entering and engaging in graduate studies in an inclusive environment.
Faculty and Staff
- Dr. Susan George Bahl - named Member of The Order of Canada
- Dr. Benjamin Goldstein - Appointed RBC Investments Chair in Children’s Mental Health and Development Psychopathology
- Elaine Jack - recipient of the David Keeling Award for Administrative Excellence
- Dr. Krista Lanctôt - recipient of the 2020 Irma M. Parhad Award for Excellence from the Consortium of Canadian Centres for Clinical Cognitive Research
- Dr. Rebecca Laposa - Ontario First seed capital awards recipient
- Dr. K. Sandy Pang - recipient of the 2020 International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics North American Scientific Achievement Award in Honor of Ron Estabrook
- Dr. Rachel Tyndale - elected fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Drs. George and O'Dowd - Prix Galien 2019 Award
- Dr. Ana Cristina Andreazza - Connaught Global Challenge Award
- Dr. Rebecca Laposa - Excellence in Linking Undergraduate Teaching to Research in Life Sciences
- Dr. Walter Swardfager - Early Career Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentorship