Collaborative Program in Biomedical Toxicology
The Collaborative Program in Biomedical Toxicology which is administered by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology provides graduate students with a unique opportunity to gain breadth and depth of knowledge in biomedical toxicology beyond their thesis research. This program aims to prepare participants for careers related to toxicology and emphasizes the development of critical thinking and communication skills in addition to acquiring greater knowledge of basic principles and specific aspects of biomedical toxicology.
Additional benefits of the Biomedical Toxicology Program include opportunities for:
- interactions and social gatherings with peers, faculty members, and members of the professional toxicology community that facilitate the sharing of scientific, methodologic, and career information
- development of scientific critiquing skills
- enhanced written and oral communication
- exposure to useful resources and databases
- a notation on the academic transcript indicating that the student has Completed the M.Sc. or Ph.D. Collaborative Program in Biomedical Toxicology following successful completion of the program requirements (This is in addition to the M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in the chosen departmental area.)